Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Slacker!

This has been one of those weeks months (!) that I have accomplished absolutely nothing!

The boys have continued on with their school work, no thanks to me.  We're all getting spring-itus, so they are in a hurry to complete their days and their varied curriculums in vocabulary, math, science, English, Spanish and the rest.  Me, too!! :-)

Spring-itus, I can understand.  Giving in to the lazy days of summer....well, it's a little early for that!

I'm perilously behind in blog reading, blog commenting, replying to your wonderful comments, blog writing....Pitiful!!

And after being fairly productive during retreat at the end of April, May has gone through 13 days of my finishing absolutely nothing!  I haven't even pulled out the May UFO's to pretend to work on them. UGH!

My accomplishments so far this month?
I clipped Blackie's (the only remaining adult chicken I have who bonded with the cats) wing, so she will stay in the fence and not terrorize the kitten and poop on the porch.  I was raised in the country, but clipping a chicken wing was a first for me!! (I used some super sharp gingher 5" scissors! :-D)
Sadly, she doesn't seem any closer emotionally to the other chickens in the yard (perhaps because she thinks she's a cat?).  Chicken whisperer, I ain't! :-D

Accomplishment #2:  I kept Jeff from banishing the cats and kitten to the back of our out-building.  They get to stay on the porch (unlike the poor chicken).  Could you resist this face?

Accomplishment #3
I stayed in the house and hyperventilated while Jeff installed his new hive of these:
Can you believe bees come in the mail like that!?! He picked them up at the post office and deposited them on the porch table. Yikes!!! Needless to say, they did not stay there long!

Accomplishment #4
I went to step aerobics THREE times this week... a first in, like, six weeks or more! I've not gained any significant weight (about 4/10ths of a pound), but I've been slacking big-time on my Temple Maintenance and Weight Watchers.  I finally updated the page here.

Accomplishment #5:
I pinned up this little quilt (Jo Morton's Little Women Club) for some more experimental machine quilting.  I may or may not get to it, but when I take steps to overcome this slacker-itus, it'll be waiting for me...
Along with a bazillion other projects, including a couple of t-shirt quilts, a couple of memory quilts and about three samplers I need to put together for other people.  All by early June. 

Steps to overcome my uselessness!?  Looks like those are steps I need to take now, huh!?

I feel very much like the prophet Jeremiah, who said,

"I know, O LORD, that a man’s life is not his own;
it is not for man to direct his steps.
Correct me, LORD, but only with justice—
not in your anger,
lest you reduce me to nothing."
Jeremiah 10:23-24

Time to step up!!

Blessings,

8 comments:

farmhousequilter8 said...

I wouldn't say slacker. We all know that a husband cominng home after a year has you a "little" preoccupied. ha I thought you might have given up the ship.....answer my email please if you can....You needed a rest.

Crispy said...

Aw don't worry about the things you WANT to do, you will get to them eventually. Springitis was invented so that we get off our lazy winter behinds and get some home things done. You'll get back into the quilting thing again :0)

Crispy

Charlene S said...

It is contagious so don't worry, be happy! You have to get out of it a little at a time...it didn't come on all at once and won't leave all at once. One day at a time! Now if I could follow my own advice b/c I too am suffering from Spring Fever.

Lori said...

We dont' always need to be doing, doing, doing! You look like you are doing plenty anyways!
I love your Jo Morton quilt top. Its a beauty!!
Blah on the bees!~

Taryn said...

You sound busy even if it doesnt mean you are completing things yet. Love the little Jo quilt!

Vivian said...

Life certainly has a way of getting in the way of blogs and blogging, and you're dealing with the part of life that always comes in at #1 in a list -- family and home.
I'm still laughing about your chicken whisperer comment, and I had to show my DH the photo and info about the bees coming in the mail. New info to me. He knew that happens. (Husbands are just SO smart.)

Barb said...

I'm having trouble keeping up myself.
Loved seeing all your animals, especially that sweet puss!
I also made that Jo doll quilt - it's a good one

Jen W said...

Mary Lou, I just wanted to let you know that The Stash! is now on its way to Debra of Easily Distracted Debra - http://itsmelealee.blogspot.com/
She is in Indiana and has promised to have a giveaway for the next go around! Thanks again - still can't get enough of looking at my new finds from the box. Have a good one and God Bless, Jen