Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why do we have to sleep!?

I read somewhere that the great Thomas Edison -- inventor of the light bulb and a million other things -- rarely slept, and when he did, it was in "power naps" of twenty minutes or so. WHO can live like that!

Well, I would LIKE to, of course. There are ONLY 24 hours in a day, and I could fill them all with the things I need, want and like to do! There are the books I want to read (not to mention actually being consistent with a quiet time to read scripture and pray!), the dozens of quilts I have in the process, the dozens more in my brain wanting to get out. AND I'm a homeschooling mom! -- so there are lesson plans and activities and actual teaching and learning I need to do with my boys (Sam, 16, and Will, almost 11). And, of course, I'm certainly not going to give up eating! :-)

Then there's the Mountain Laurel Quilt Club Sampler -- a quilt I had the privilege of designing and showing/teaching (with lots of help!) to my quilt guild. The top was completed, hmmm...January 2008? and I started hand quilting it. I've gotten 24 of the 48-8 inch blocks and their immediate sashing strips completed. But it's getting embarrassing! At our October 2009 quilt show, there were TWO of these quilts, one hand and the other machine quilted!! I designed the dern thing! Why wasn't mine in the show!? Why won't it be in Oct. 2010?

Because there aren't enough hours in the day, of course!

Scripture tells us there is a time and purpose for everything under heaven....The time of this quilt is ...? The purpose -- CLEARLY -- is to teach me patience, endurance, and persistence :-), one of which, Patience, is a fruit of the Spirit.

Hmmm...maybe that consistent prayer time would help! :-) Or maybe I just need a nap!
Blessings!
Mary Lou

1 comment:

Patty Sumner said...

Welcome! Funny, interesting and definitely Mary Lou. I could almost hear you laugh. Good Job Friend. Miss you greatly!