Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

10th Hour

A day late and a dollar short....
Yeah! That's about right!! LOL
Finally! Finally got  my Hands 2 Help Challenge Quilt top completed!!  I've struggled with this one!!

Diane sent me some beautiful bright fabrics along with a soothing gray.  (Her blog -- click here -- is just beautiful, too!) I added fabrics from my stash and this is the finished flimsey:


The quilt has to be in the mail no later than the end of this week, so I'll be putting it on the Hobby Quilter tomorrow to finish it up and get it mailed on time. 

My friend Pat from upstate New York :-), the Project Linus Coordinator in our area, volunteered to send a quilt for the children in Romania!! Pat's quilt, like mine, is bright colors -- and she used the cutest print for the backing!! I'm so thrilled to have an extra quilt to send with mine!!

Seems like for weeks now that I've spun my wheels and not gotten much done, but perhaps I've turned a corner by getting Jennifer's quilt top (last post) and this one complete.

I need to work on Farmer's Wife blocks this week, complete a block for a friend (due on Saturday), get my club's Mystery Quilt installment written...
Lots to do!

My church is reading the Gospel of John together during the next 21 days -- one chapter a day.  Today was the first day and first chapter.  It tickled me to read that a couple of John the Baptist's desciples followed Jesus about the "tenth hour." :-)  (Wonder if they were working on quilts for orphans?! :-D)

Even more impressive, though, is Andrew's response to Jesus:
The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, “We have found the Messiah” (that is, the Christ). And he brought him to Jesus.  (John 1:41-42a)
It's never too late -- 10th hour or no! -- to know Jesus.  It's never to late to tell someone else and bring them to Him!!

Blessings,

12 comments:

Janet O. said...

Nice, bright, fun quilts!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

That is so nice. Love the bright color. The extra friendship quilt speaks highly of you. Well done~!

Miss Hillbilly said...

You weren't the only one struggling to finish. Mine is going out in the mail tomorrow. Finally!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You stay busier than anyone I know, thanks for the show and tell as well as the reminder about the "10th hour"!

Sarah Craig said...

Mary Lou, your top is beautiful - so detailed! I love the little hourglass blocks around the pinwheels! And how kind of your friend to send a quilt, too!! Woohoo!!

Crispy said...

This beautiful bright quilt will put a huge smile on a child's face. You done good :0)

Crispy

Lynette said...

Very nice quilt top!

The Civil War Quilter said...

Love the aqua, gray, and scrappy fabrics. beautiful quilt, lucky child!

Sandy said...

I wonder how many Christians spend 50, 60, 70 years of being saved and never bring another soul into the Kingdom. Sad commentary, isn't it? Love your quilts and your enthusiasm. It's contagious!

Mary L. said...

Just voted for your log cabin quilt!

Snoodles said...

Love your flimsy! And thanks for the nudge from the Scriptures....we all need to be reminded, I think, that we have received an awesome gift, and we should tell others, too!
Jacque at Lilypadquilting

Karen said...

Love what you did with the H2H quilts. Both quilts are awesome!